AMP-V is a pre-workout fat burning supplement. AMP-V is a combination of essential fatty acids and essential oils that work on a variety of strategic targets to maximise fat burning before, during and after exercise. The product is 100% active ingredients, there are no fillers, no sweeteners, no artificial flavours and there is no wasted space. Every drop is active. AMP-V is flavoured with therapeutic essential oils at doses that have been studied and shown to be effective for performance enhancement and maximising fat burning.
- Fat burner
- Enhance release of stored fat from adipocytes
- Enhance fatty acid oxidation
- Enhance thermogenesis
- Potent “hepatothermic” agent
- Performance enhancer
- Improve strength
- Improve endurance
- Improve explosive power
- Enhanced oxygenation
- Appetite suppression
- Instant appetite suppression by shifting focus to deplete stored fuel and away from consumption of more fuel
- Reduce local mucosal inflammation in GIT and respiratory tract
- Reduce inflammatory adipokines (chemicals from fat that contribute to insulin resistance, estrogen dominance and adipogenesis)
Supplement strategies for fat loss and the new AMP-V
Typically, “fat burning” supplement strategies fall into the following categories:
- Pre-workout fat burners usually contain nutrients, amino acids and botanicals that aid in the oxidation of free fatty acids to provide an energy source.
- Nutraceutical supplementation – to correct / prevent deficiencies – carnitine, chromium, iodine, tyrosine etc. supplemented just in case they are deficient or may become deficient as part of a fat loss campaign. Or hyper-doses are used to try to push the body to do more due to abundance or imbalance of nutrients.
- Meal replacement – as part of calorie controlled diet to manipulate calories in: calories out or achieve a specific macronutrient profile
- Supplements to block the absorption of fat and / or carbohydrate foods
- Appetite regulators supplemented around meal times to suppress appetite and reduce food intake through various mechanisms, most commonly using bloating enzyme blockers and bulking fibres and modified starches or amphetamine-like compounds that shut down digestion.
- Metabolism stimulators – via thyroid (e.g. ATP Science T432 plus) or via caffeine and / or amphetamine-like stimulants that work via the adrenal glands and central nervous system.
- NEW AMP-V (read on)
The above mentioned strategies all work in particular people at particular times. The challenge is getting the right combination of diet plus exercise plus supplementation to create a system that works for you.
So how does “fat burning” and “fat burners” work?
“Fat burning” is another word for fatty acid oxidation. Burn fat to give you energy.
There are 2 essential ingredients and 1 piece of machinery required for fat burning.
- You need available fatty acids
- You need oxygen to burn anything (fatty acid oxidation)
You need this pumped into the engine of our cells (mitochondria) to convert it into energy.
FUEL USE DURING EXERCISE
The First 10 seconds
The ATP-CP energy pathway (sometimes called the phosphate system) supplies about 10 seconds worth of energy and is used for short bursts of exercise such as a 100-metre sprint. This pathway doesn’t require any oxygen to create ATP. It first uses up any ATP stored in the muscle (about 2-3 seconds worth) and then it uses creatine phosphate (CP) to resynthesize ATP until the CP runs out (another 6-8 seconds). After the ATP and CP are used the body will move on to either aerobic or anaerobic metabolism (glycolysis) to continue to create ATP to fuel exercise.
How, when and why do we burn fat during exercise?
During exercise an athlete will move through these metabolic pathways. As exercise begins, ATP is produced via anaerobic metabolism. With an increase in breathing and heart rate, there is more oxygen available and aerobic metabolism begins and continues until the lactate threshold is reached.
If this level is surpassed, the body cannot deliver oxygen quickly enough to generate ATP and anaerobic metabolism kicks in again. Since this system is short-lived and lactic acid levels rise, the intensity cannot be sustained and the athlete will need to decrease intensity to remove lactic acid build-up.
What is lactate threshold?
Your lactate threshold is the point during exercise when your blood lactate levels exceed resting levels as your lactate production exceeds your lactate clearance and your blood lactate levels begin to rise dramatically. This is an indication that you have pushed past the point of exercise intensity where you have enough oxygen for aerobic metabolism (oxidation of fatty acids, carbs or protein).
Peppermint oil is a central nervous system stimulant and can induce lipolysis to liberate FFA during exercise by a very novel mechanism via activation of TRPM8 thermoregulatory receptors; even when not cold menthol produces an increase in oxygen consumption and enhanced non-shivering thermogenesis and lipolysis. Basically menthol can trick your nerves into thinking you are cold and your body responds by increasing heat production from fat. Peppermint oil enhances lipolysis, thermogenesis and fatty acid oxidation.
Grapefruit peel oil contains a synergistic cocktail of chemicals that work together to be very potent lipolytic agents to liberate the extra FFA needed during exercise to allow fat oxidation to be significantly increased during exercise. Limonene is the main driving force but the synergistic effect of having gamma-terpinene and p-cymene naturally in the same oil amplifies the limonene effects.
Grapefruit oil increases lipolysis and heat production (thermogenic energy consumption), and reduces appetite by exciting the sympathetic nerves of the autonomic nervous system.
Grapefruit essential oil enhances lipolysis and fatty acid oxidation by modulating the “PPAR” group of receptors to improve fatty acid release, improve insulin sensitivity and prevent against spikes in insulin and blood glucose that switch off fat burning. Furthermore, grapefruit oil increases the activity of genes in fat cells which are closely related to fatty acid synthesis and oxidation.
CLA interacts synergistically with the grapefruit oil to activate PPAR increasing the gene transcription related to lipolysis, mitochondrial biogenesis and insulin sensitivity, and collectively this enhances the release of free fatty acids and subsequent mitochondrial activation to burn the fatty acids.
What is AMP-K
Activate AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK). The AMPK is a sensor of cellular energy charge and a ‘metabolic master switch’. When activated by ATP depletion, it switches off ATP-consuming processes, while switching on catabolic pathways that generate ATP. Rising AMP and falling ATP, brought about by various types of cellular stress (including exercise in skeletal muscle), stimulate the system in an ultrasensitive manner. Activation of AMPK by cellular stress or exercise switches on fatty acid oxidation while switching off fatty acid synthesis. AMPK activation basically induces a cascade of events that switch on the burning processes to generate new ATP from burning whatever fuel is available and switches off any ATP utilising processes like biosynthesis and anaerobic metabolism making AMPK activation the master switch that activate the aerobic fatty acid oxidation.
AMP-K activation is the master switch to decrease lipogenesis, increases fatty acid oxidation, and increases lipolysis in adipocytes
Definition of lipogenesis: the formation of fat; specifically: the formation of fatty acids from acetyl coenzyme A in the living body and especially in adipose tissue and the liver.
Take 2ml orally before exercise or between meals when craving.
- Fasted cardio – drink 2ml pre-workout on an empty stomach, may use again intra-workout.
- Keto / low carb / high fat /high protein diets – drink 2ml pre-workout, may use again throughout the day as an appetite suppressant and energy tonic
- Pre-workout – drink 2ml pre-workout, may use again intra-workout
- Pre meal – drink 2 ml immediately before meal or add to salad dressing / vinaigrette
- IBD – drink 1 ml every 2 to 3 hours to relieve symptoms
- Strategic stacks
- Carnitine – stack with unflavoured and unsweetened N-acetyl carnitine at 3 to 5grams
- Stims – combines well with a black coffee or caffeine based stimulants (PDE2 inhibition and catecholamines)
- Probiotics – obesity, IBD, asthma, insulin resistance, fatty liver …. Are all associated with dysbiosis and inflammation
- Astaxanthin 10-25mg and Coq10 200 to 500mg enhance performance and fatty acid oxidation when combined
- BCAA – leucine, isoleucine work with AMP-V to modulate PPAR receptors to enhance fat burning.
- Pyruvate and aspartate
INGREDIENTS: Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) oil (high linoleic variety yielding conjugated linoleic acid (CIA), oleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid), Punica granatum (Pomegranate) seed oil (conjugated linolenic acid (CLnA) punicic acid, linoleic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid), Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil (capric acid, caprylic acid, caproic acid), Mentha piperita (Peppermint) cold pressed oil, Citrus paradisi (Grapefruit) peel oil.